Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Simplicity 2444: The Duvet Dress.....

I think I'm falling a little bit in love with this pattern. This is the easiest fit on a bodice I've made so far what with no pesky boob darts to position. After getting my Ooh lala dress right I went gun ho on this one...

I scored this gorgeous flower print cotton from ebay....it was a duvet cover! 
(Oh you can tell? Oh well I really don't care because....LOVE IT!)


I also bagged a plain white cotton sheet so this became my underlining (of course)
I went a size down on the bodice from last time as there was quite a bit of ease. I did intend on adding another gathered skirt too but what with all the lining it was too bulky to gather with running stitches so I made up my own pleats using the very technical way of matching the side seams and then eyeballing the middle and midway points and adding folds.... 


Shocking hell...it worked! I love how the pleats have turned out and the bodice is a perfect fit. 
Did I mention how much I love this dress??


Even matched up the pattern on the back bodice. I used a cute lemon exposed zip just to test it out really and I quite like it........oh no that's right...I LOVE it... :)

3 comments:

  1. WOW! This is gorgeous!!!! I love it! Great matching of the print on the back as well. It looks like a most perfect fit and the fabric, what can I say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, I've been wearing it loads now that summers finally here! who knew a duvet could be so flattering?!

      Delete
  2. Lol the majority of my stuff is made from duvet covers! Fabric is so expensive to buy new (well, in NZ) so i secondhand shop for covers! I love that i can get enough material for a couple of garments for only $5 or so!

    ReplyDelete