Sunday, 23 June 2013

The Peony Peplum....

This was Peony No 2, never blogged and never worn. 
I'm not too sure what it is about it but I made it back in April and not once have I wanted to get it out and wear it, I even made the belt to go with, in a really cute heart print. I think it's something to do with those stripes (and the fact that I fluffed up the direction of the front bodice, they should have been horizontal but i didn't notice until I'd finished damn it)




So this weekend I got this dress out from said wardrobe and decided to refashion it into something I'm more likely to wear.

I've seen a few lovely peplum tops over on Pinterest...


This was the way to go.

First I set about getting rid of the dress pockets. Stitched them up and snipped them off!


I used a 22inch zip in the dress so to prevent having to faffa round with this I used the length needed to leave it in for the peplum part of the top. Measured this all the way around and snipped off the skirt!




And there you have it, a Peony Peplum!


2 comments:

  1. It looks great! I hope you'll get some more wear out of it now you've refashioned it :) I actually really like the different angles of the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, I actually wore it yesterday so it's now having it's time out of the wardrobe! Much better :)

      Delete