Tuesday, 20 August 2013

A dotty Dixie....

Ooh I've already got stuck into some fabric I picked up at the swap.
First up, this cute polka dot stretch jersey. Perfect for another Dixie DIY Ballet dress. I love the first stripey version I made up and wear it loads so I know this is going to become a bit of a wardrobe staple.
This dress came together so quickly I didnt even get around to taking any  pics, so you just get the end result...

The same as my first dress, I added 2 inches to the bodice length and kept the sleeves short. This jersey is a really good weight so it drapes and swishes really nicely. Thank you to whoever donated it to the swap!

Betty getting involved...

I've been excited to start using my new labels too. For a while I've been putting in some labels that were actually from when I was at Junior school and my mum would sew them into my gym stuff, so cute! But time to move on, from now on all of my me mades will be tagged with these...








2 comments:

  1. Yay! The polka dots are adorable. You look great. I need to make a dotted dixie ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dixie, I love this pattern!

      Delete