Monday, 12 August 2013

Quilt complete....

Sewing machine disaster has struck....my bobbin winder wont erm...wind! It wont grip to the wheel so it wont spin. I'm going to try and do a lot of googling and fix it myself, I don't fancy paying out £60 at the mo. (any ideas??)
So to finish this project I had to do a load of hand winding on my bobbins.....yawn!

Anyways, the first one I did obvs wasn't tight enough and my machine had a hissy fit...


After I sorted that massive mess out it went fine. I got my binding on all edges...


and tada!!...


I made a quilt! I'm pretty chuffed with this, it's by no means perfect (at all) lets call it shabby chic or rustic (thanks Jen!) The squares don't match up, the criss cross stitching is a bit wonky, but its all soft and snuggly and will be a perfect cosy blanket for Sunday film watching so all is forgiven. It also has this awesome HUGE strawberry on the back...


LOVE!

I won't be making another quilt, but I'm glad I gave this one a go. It was perfect for stash busting.








No comments:

Post a Comment