Thursday, 5 September 2013

Autumn pattern haul...

I've been naughty and treated myself to a few new patterns this month...well I'm going to need some more 'autumn appropriate' clothing soon!
First up I finally got around to a spot of shopping from Deer and Doe. I've been coveting the Belladone dress for ages (there it is...lingering on the stitch list) so I jumped in and thought, well while I'm paying for overseas postage and all I might as well add this cute Pavot Jacket too...


They were delivered so quickly and the pattern packs are so pretty. I've already cut up the Belladone to size and have some faric from the stash shop which will be perfect.

Next I went in for Simplicity 1873. I've seen this around the internet quite a lot, mostly when I've been spying on a pretty dress it's turned out to be a varation of this pattern. I love the shape and have been hunting for a dress with a round neckline rather than a boat neck. I think I'll be going for version A.


And lastly I went for an impulse buy and purchsed the Miette skirt PDF from Tilly. I love how simple it sounds (no zips or buttons...yey!) I managed to score some free denim, perfect for this pattern and I'll get some good wear out of it over the autumn and winter.


This should keep me busy for a while!
I have a tendancy to get a bit ahead of myself so I'm going to keep myself in check after this splurge...no more patterns are needed for a long time. I think with this bunch and a few Dixie Ballet dresses with longer sleeves, some Grainline Scout Tee's (oops forgot I bought that one too) and  Hemlock or two (That one was FREE!!) I should be pretty much sorted and not need to buy any more (famous last words)


4 comments:

  1. Ooh, what a gorgeous wee list of patterns you have :) Can't wait to see them made up!

    I just posted abouy my Belladone and I highly recommend, I definitely have another to make I think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to make that, I thought I had the right fabric but I think I'm back on the hunt so I might have to put it off for a few weeks, I'm going to have a nose at yours for inspiration!

      Delete
  2. I'm very interested to see what you do with the Cynthia R dress as I featured it in a post this week. I've had it for ages but am only just getting round to starting a muslin for it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gem,

      Thats next on my list, it's saying I'll be your perfect christmas party dress :)
      Love to see how yours turns out

      Delete