Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Deer and Doe; Pavot....

Another from my autumn pattern haul; the cute Pavot Jacket from Deer and Doe.
I don't know what I was thinking buying a pattern for a coat. How the hell am I going to make that?!


Well actually this pattern was great. The instructions are really simple and clear and it comes together really easily with no room for 'what way round does that go?!' or 'how the hell does that fit there?!' It was actually really similar to a dress pattern, in a' construct the bodice and attach to the skirt' kind of way.

I used a cotton twill that I picked up on ebay for around a fiver. I went for black so if it turned out really bad I wouldn't have been too upset about ruining some amazing print or coloured beauty.


To add a bit of interest, I added these really cute polka dot buttons. It's got buttons! Which means I had to do real life button holes which, not having a machine with a button hole setting, I was dreading, until I actually did them and they're really not that bad.  Then I went a bit mad on the lining.....


See that bit of pink? Well theres actually quite a lot of pink...


And purple, and gold, and madness....Get your sunnies out! I picked up this cotton lawn at the swap and I was actually thinking of using it for my Belladone. My friend Lucy thought it was hideous and actually after having another look at it it's probably slightly too mental for a whole dress, but perfect for a flash of lining! I also used pink and black binding to finish all of the internal edges.


I am so pleased with this jacket. I made a jacket!! And I'll be making another for next spring I think, maybe in navy, or green....or pink?!
I was cautious with the sizing and it's come out a little roomy but that's good for winter, I can fit in a few more layers when the chill hits. I'd go down a size all over but the length is perfect. Typically the sun is out this week so I'll have ato wait a few more to start wearing this, but that's just fine, you stay as long as you like Mr Sunshine :)





7 comments:

  1. Wow, I love it and what a wonderful job you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that lining just POPS! I love it. Good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, pretty bright hey?! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my god I love love love the lining!!! It was so unexpected! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to have a look at your Pavot after you mentioned underlining it; and, oh my goodness, your lining is fantastic!! You're a genius, I wish I'd thought of that!

    ReplyDelete