Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Deer and Doe; Belladone....

Can I just say.............loving these Deer and Doe patterns!
I finished my first Belladone and its a winner :) This is another of my autumn patterns, I was just waiting for the right fabric to turn up when I was gifted some lovely heavy weight black elastine sort of stuff (ha I sooo have no idea what it is, but it's got a bit of stretch, doesnt crease and sews like a dream so it's all good) I had some really pretty peices which I picked up at the swap but weren't really big enough for any whole projects so I threw some pretty purple/blue floral print into the mix too, and this is what I came up with...

This dress has such great potential, what with all of the different back, waist and pocket peices, it's perfect for using an accent fabric with to highlight different areas.
I also used this make to have a go at piping, I've been wanting to have a go for ages but never really found the right peice. i don't think I did too badly for a first attempt...

I love those little peekaboo pockets.

My only major hiccup was I think I put the zip in  alittle low so I added a cute little button to the top so it doesnt look too obvious (right?!)

I think I say this about every dress I make but I love this, it's a great length and shape and I can really see a few more of these turning up in my wardrobe. I also think I might have to add few more Deer and Doe patterns to my wish list....




2 comments:

  1. Ohhh those little pops of print are great. I especially on the pockets. Good job!

    ReplyDelete