Wednesday, 23 October 2013

How do you like them apples....

I'm just back from a trip to Somerset, it's really gorgeous this time of year, all autumnal and golden (and wet, but we'll ignore that bit) We went for a gorgeous walk around some orchards out the back of where my mum and dad live. Theres some super cute pigs snuffling away at all of the fallen apples, the ones that didnt get sniffled ended up being taken home...

which was actually quite a few, so I need a few good apple recipes to use this lot up.

So last night was apple pie night :)
I'm not too into all the weighing and measuring so my apple pie went something like this..
Slice as many apples as you need to fill your pie dish..

Pop some putter into a pan....

Once melted add your apples, along with a good sprinkling of brown sugar...

and cinnamon...


then let it all stew together for a bit until the apples start to soften...

Pop the apple mixture all back into your pie dish and cover with some short crust pastry (I used ready made..so shoot me) Pop into the over for around 25 mins and...


Enjoy...

This was ready just in time for the Bake Off finale (any cosy winter tv will do)

As you can imagine theres quite a few of those apples left and as much as I'd love to I dont think a pie a night for a week is the best idea......next up apple and sultana chutney.







2 comments:

  1. Ooh that pie looks delicious and quite the thing for catching the Bake Off with :) I was gifted a load of apples the other week and set about making several crumbles for myself and friends. They went down a stormer. You can't beat the old apple :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They taste so good, especially the freebies ;)

      Delete