Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Scout Tee: Modcloth copycat....

I wanted to make a gingham dress all summer and never got round too it. Something about gingham=summer (probably something to do with picnic blankets?) But then I saw this cute top featured on a Beautiful Mess blog...



It's been sitting on one of my Pinterst boards for a while. Then I got hold of the Grainline Scout Woven tee pattern and my little brain worked out it could be mine!

The scout tee comes with short sleeves so I adapted the pattern using the precise mathmatics of measuring arm length and width and some nice slopey pencil lines.....soooo technical.

Anyways it worked and I've ended up with this...



It's a nice soft cotton, it'll need layers in the winter but the sleeve length is perfect for this time of year when it's still a bit muggy but you feel a bit bare in a tshirt. I love the Scout neckline but think I could go down a size on the waist and hip when I make another. Sucha  quick make too, this is my winter Sorbetto replacement!



No comments:

Post a Comment