Tuesday, 12 November 2013

By Hand London; Anna......

I caved.....I veered off the list and bought another pattern, I succumbed to sewers blog envy and got myself the By Hand London Anna pattern, this was a good choice to have made...
 
 
I've seen so many of these lovelies all over the internet. Favourites include...
 
Roisin's spotty cutie...
 
 
Dixie's knit wonder....
 
 
And Mary's spooky special...
 
 
I went for a floral crepe de chine version. I thought this was probably the best pattern for something with a bit of weight and drape.
Firstly I love the packaging that the pattern came in, such a cute little folder and lovely illustrations. I used the shorter version but as it's a midi I took another few inches off the length as I knew I'd be mainly wearing this dress with flats and a midi does not look so great on me with flats. The pattern cut out really well, I took some tips off others blogs and made sure I marked each peice so I didnt muddle up all of those skirt peices.
Construction was really quick and easy (apart from having a stress with the needle and fabric, I find it so strange that if you have the wrong needle it just doesnt sew-how does it know??? Anyways, finer needle bought and disaster averted)
 
The fit on this dress is just great, those little under bust front pleats are so dam cute....
 
 
 
 
 
 
I've been wearing this loads, it's a perfect autumn dress to go with tights and a cardi. I think I could be tempted into a long version for next summer, mmmm summer.
 

1 comment:

  1. That's a gorgeous dress :) The fit is fab and I love the fabric. I've had my pattern for ages I need to kick my ass and get on with it.

    ReplyDelete