Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Anna in Spring.....



How nice is this sunshine lately?! Feels like Spring is here, although knowing british weather I'm sure there's a cold snap right on it's way so no shorts and sandals just yet. I thought it was time to start using some more summer friendly fabrics though. Winter dresses are off the stitching list for now, it's time to start making some garments that can work going into those summer months (but definitely go with tights for the time being!)


I went for another BHL Anna dress, I love this pattern and I'm not done with playing around with different versions yet. So for this dress I used the Anna bodice and added a gathered skirt


I picked up this viscose in fabric land, just a cheap impulse buy but it's got really good drape and needs hardly and ironing.... :)

I also lined the bodice so i didn't have to faff around with facings and I moved the zipper from the centre back to under the arm for a smoother finish....however this was all guess work and I put it in a bit low down, it works fine but next time I'll be measuring that a bit better.


I kept the full skirt longer than my winter dresses. I've been wearing this with tights but I wanted to make sure I'd be comfortable wearing it without for when that summer hits, it's on it's way right??

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! Perfect for summer. The Anna bodice seems to work really well with a gathered skirt - I must give that a try!

    ReplyDelete