Sunday, 16 March 2014

#sewdollyclackett .......

So this is my entry for the amazing #sewdollyclackett challenge (see that button to the right, give that a click for more info) I took all sorts of inspiration from Roisin's amazing blog and dresses.....

See me getting out on my front step in homage..


This also counts as my second duvet dress (I love me a duvet dress) I picked up this amazing 60's cotton double duvet for £3 in a local charity shop and it's a really soft cotton, I just loved the bold print and colours.


I chose to use Simplicity 2444, a favourite of Roisin's and also a pattern I love to make up so winning all round. This is the first one I've added sleeves to and I think they look cute. I didn't gather them in though, I just added two little pleats either side of the shoulder seam.

Theres not much not to love about Roisins dresses, theres definitely one in there for everyone. My all time favourite is her Stay the course dress....


Amazing print and it's that 2444 again.

And then I spied this...


and it reminded me of my duvet fabric so I took inspiration from both of these to make up my ode to Roisin. 

I also totally took shoespiration...


I fully lined the bodice and got n with hand stitching at the zipper and waist line and didn't moan once!  See, sticking with those resolutions..



This has been such a cool challenge and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with. 
Heres to many more Dolly Clackett dresses to come!







8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Gotta love finding metres of fabric for £3. Your print placement on the bodice looks perfect, too. Patrick and May would be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elena, aahhhh wouldnt it be great to have Patrick and May pop round for a look at your finished garments and a cuppa!

      Delete
  2. Such a great pattern, dress and sew dolly Clacket all round! Loving this, must get to some charity shops and try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nissa, I can totally recommend it-amazing prints that no one else will have and a bargain too!

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely marvellous, Zoe. I'd steal it right off your back if I lived nearby you. I love that you posed on your doorstep and wore those shoes - they're some of the best shoes ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Roisin! I had to go the whole hog with this one, photo's anywhere else would just be wrong and how could I not get those shoes on?!

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous! S2444 is always a winner, and I'm getting front step envy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I'm always keeping an eye out for duvets that can become dresses too but haven't found anything anywhere near this nice yet!

    ReplyDelete