Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Mad Men Challenge.....Fail :(

Well my plans for the Mad Men Challenge didn't really make it to reality. I got all busy with another project and time just slipped on by, and I had proper plans and everything!

I am a huge Betty fan. Betty's dresses are the stuff of my dreams, full skirts, gorgeous colours, amazing prints....

 but then I got swayed by one of Joan's beauties in gorgeous navy with lovely 3/4 sleeves and cute waist belt...

So I thought I'd do a Betty-Joan mash up. I bought some lovely navy fabric but then I got all involved with making my wedding dress (it's amazing how much effort you have to put into that little thing you know) and then it was 29th March and I was all like 'oh sh*t' wheres my Betty-Joan?? and then I was all sewed out and really didn't have it in me to do it justice so thats me all excused out and Mad Men dress-less....sad face.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's makes on Julia's blog next week and I suppose I'll get round to my homage to MM later on in the year....or next year....

4 comments:

  1. ah doll it's hard when there's a lot on. I too was a keen bean to get involved and then time went whoomph and my oh my days we are in April! How the fig did that happen?! How's the wedding dress getting on? Exciting times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just flies by! Which reminds me to just concentrate on one thing at a time, that wedding will be here before I know it and I think I better prioritise that dress! Coming along very nicely thank you, have you made a start on your friends?

      Delete
  2. I made one for the challenge but since seeing other people's attempts I've found other dresses which I wish i'd chosen for my inspiration instead, so I'm going to be making another too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I saw yours Char, the spotty one? I LOVED that dress, amazed you found near perfect fabric for it. It's a good programme to get inspiration from, if I had the time I'd be making a Betty wardrobe :)

      Delete