Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Scrap Stash......

What do you do with a pile of super cute fabric scraps that arent big enough to use for clothing? Thats what I've been thinking about for a while, scraps that are way too cute to be thrown away but arent quite right to use for facings and pockets and things.
And then a lightbulb moment.....my sewing machine needs a dress right?!

And because I still had a good amount of cute to get through, my mums sewing machine couldnt be left out...




What do you do with your scraps??

7 comments:

  1. Aw, these look fab! I've been making bunting, and ipad and kindle cases with my scraps lately, as well as cushion covers, which I'm giving to my friend as stock for her shop. With the bits which are too small even for that, I've been making corsage brooches like there is no tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh now theres some good ideas

      Delete
  2. My scraps are in a big bag, gathering dust! I tell you what, this is a brilliant idea on how to use them! These covers are great, and I love that there's a hole for the handle. I may have to copy this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne, go for it, so easy and very satisfying :)

      Delete
  3. Hello there!!! I saw your dress on Roisin's post and wanted to say it was amazing!!! Such a gorgeous design (and where oh where did you get the shoes from!?!?!)
    This is also such a cute idea- the material is pretty and your sewing machine is the cutest on the block!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kezzie, thank you so much! Was such a nice surprise to have won a prize! The shoes are really old 'Love me tender' heels from Office, I saw Roisin wearing them in one blog post so they just had to be included :)

      Delete
  4. So cute!!!! I make quilted duvet covers from my scraps. I also use them to line pockets or for facings, when I use them.

    ReplyDelete