Friday, 9 May 2014

So Simple...

Last week I had an urge to get something sewn up quickly that I could wear at the weekend. I didn't want to labour over a new dress pattern or have to go and find a new zip or matching lininng fabric, I just wanted to use bits from the stash and get it done!
But what to sew? A new top would be good but not another sorbetto...I think I've reached my peak with those(theres still a couple yet to be blogged) and I didnt have enough stretch fabric for a plantain or hemlock so I decide to to a quick internet scan and see what I could find. Then I remembered this lovely top by Marie and that was it, I love a cute collar so I had to have one!

I found that Simple Sew sell patterns on their website, but they also sell PDF patterns from their Etsy shop, instant gratification! So peter pan collar blouse downloaded and fabric and trimming gathered I set to sew...


This was a  nice quick project, I think I had this top finished within a couple of hours (after some fiddly bias binding work) and I'm really happy with it.....


Button holes again! I'm starting to quite like them :) and I also got to use these super cute heart buttons...


The pattern instructions were pretty minimal but if you've done anything similar before then you can easily work it out.
I'm not sure if I did something wrong to the collar, like get the seam allowance wrong, but it doesnt meet up at the centre front like on the pattern picture or Marie's version, it's still pretty cute though so I'm not worried but something to look a bit closer at next time.
 I used the full pattern length as I hate it when tops are too short, I think I'd make the armholes a bit bigger on my next one as they sit quite far up in your arm pit. Overall I really like this though and I'll be making a couple more I'm sure.

I managed to squeeze this into my first week of me made May too.

No comments:

Post a Comment