Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Summer sews....

It's well and truly summer now (look away from that looming cloud) I've got quite a few dresses to wear but theres definitely a few patterns that I want to get made up for this years sunshine. So this is my summer sew list....
 
 
Yep another Anna, but this time a maxi version.
I've actually just finished this so blog post coming soon!
Fabric: Indian cotton from the Goldhawk Rd haul
 
Now it's much warmer in the evenings I'm needing some new PJs to lounge around in, I'm thinking of maybe a shorts or 3/4 leg version in a nice light cotton.
Fabric: Something from the stash, maybe the left over swimming ladies?
 
I've had my eye on a few wrap dresses recently and it seems like the perfect dress to throw over a bikini too. I got this pattern because it was in the sale for a couple of quid, can't remember where from?, but on closer inspection it's not quite the dress I was after but I'm going to give it a go and see if I can add in some of my own alterations....GULP
Fabric: Might have accidentally bought some cute bird print drapey drapey viscose....
 
I've had a Hazel with a twist in my head for a while now. I want to keep the original bodice pattern, and use the facing as a small little collar across the top of the bodice. Add in spaghetti straps that tie on the shoulders and add either a circle or half circle skirt. Something that looks a bit like this...
 
 
Fabric: Plain black cotton of some description, keeping with my "cake" making :)
 
And thats my summer list (for now)
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. You've got some great plans there, love your idea for the Hazel and can't wait to see your Anna! My 'to sew' list is as long as my arm but I'm hoping to get a bombshell swimsuit done before my holiday, I also 'accidently' bought some purple rayon covered in bright red strawberries, well it is summer! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, oh that rayon sounds goooood! Stawberries?! look forward to seeing it!

      Delete