Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Bits and bobbins....

So I haven't had any big projects to chat about lately, after I finished my summer sewing list I'm really trying not to make anything else for summer. Fingers crossed for a few more weeks of sunshine and warmth but I don't think its really worth filling my wardrobe with much more and I have quite a few new beauties to get lots more wear out of anyway!

So while I've had some time without a proper project I've had a good stash sort out...


I got rid of any scraps which weren't really a good enough size to use for anything and have organised and bagged up stretch, cottons, fabrics for toiles, quilting and 'other' very pleasing :) Theres also a big box of fabrics to be used for making binding and for things like pockets and facings. Not much of a stash there now....time to plan a trip to Goldhawk Road.... :)

I also used up some bits from the stash on a travel pouch to hold all flight and hotel documents and bits and bobs like that, perfect for our holiday in a few months...




And I had a request for a laptop case from my Dad...


Cute little robots!...


It's also been pretty quiet at work so I've had a couple of long lunchtimes in the fashion studio..


So much space and nice quiet work buddies...


I've finally got around to altering some patterns which have been on the to do list for so long. S2444 and By Hand London Anna needed some attention to the gaping necklines...


I'm working on some new toile's for these at the mo so we'll see if it's worked!

Not having a dress on the go has been quite nice in a way, I feel like I've caught up with my brain a bit, but there are a few occasions coming up where I think I might need something a bit special to wear so I might have to squeeze something in soon :)






No comments:

Post a Comment