Friday, 29 August 2014

Cat face....

I treated myself to some super cute fabric at the start of the month...


Ermahgerd!! Look at those little cat faces!!

I bought 2.5 meters, enough for a dress. I wanted something special to wear to a couple of girly occasions coming up and this is perfect. Sadly my parcel never arrived...cry cry. I'm sure it's lying on the floor in some post depot somewhere....mewing :(

But anyways, the lovely people at Plush Addict were tip top with their customer service and sent me out a new parcel, but there was only 2 meters left. This fabric was really narrow too.
I went with the simplicity 2444 (surprise!) and cut out the bodice but this fabric was way too narrow to fit the skirt pieces on. I went through a few other patterns trying to find a good skirt and even considered just a gathered rectangle but there still wasn't quite enough and I didn't want to finish it and it not be something I wanted to wear so in the end I opted for a 2444 peplum top...


Which as it turns out is going to be pretty perfect now the weathers on the turn so I can get my jeans out a again.



I used the skirt/peplum pattern from the Victory Patterns Ava dress, but its pretty much a circle skirt. I'm not sure if it's a bit too long but I think I'll give it a test wear before I hack it down.


I also tried out a new (to me) way of lining the bodice. Is it called bagging?? Where you sew up the neckline and arm holes and then pull it all through the shoulder. I'm not sure but it worked a treat, I'll be doing this on all my dresses in future. I always get a bit bored of binding armholes.

If you thought this fabric couldn't get cuter then think again, have you seen the selvedge??!!..


PAW PRINTS!

I'll leave you with those....oh the cuteness....




6 comments:

  1. Awwwwww! I would SO find a way of using that selvedge if it was mine! It's too adorable not to be seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Just saving them for that perfect moment!

      Delete
  2. That is super cute!! What a bummer about your parcel though - that sucks!! Maybe it will still turn up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather, I'm keeping fingers crossed it'll turn up one day and my cat face dress dreams will come true!

      Delete
  3. Those wee cat faces are adorable! And how brilliant is it that there are paw prints on the selvedge?! Your top is gorgeous, it would look great with jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynne, I'm thinking jeans too, it'll get it's first outing at the weekend :)

      Delete