Monday, 27 October 2014

Prize patterns...

This was quite a few weeks ago now but I won one of the amazing prizes Jane organised during OWOP. I got to choose three patterns from the huge selection at The Village Haberdashery. As you can imagine this took some time, but I eventually went for these beauties...

 Firstly the Sew Over It 1940's Tea Dress which is a bit different to my normal style of dress but I think it's time for a change and I was drawn to the pretty shape and sleeves. 
The sleeve length looks perfect and I'd like to give a few more v neck shapes a go. It's not something I usually go for by always find they look really flattering. I like the look of the panelled bodice parts and the faux buttons on the front too. This one is up next on my to make list and I've matched it up with this navy and white polka dot stretch cotton.


Next I went for Colette patterns Hawthorn. I've seen a few of these around and love the skirt shape, I really like Marie's various gorgeous versions especially this one. I was looking for another dress with mid length sleeves, you know winter friendly, and I love how you get three versions out of this one pattern. I'm going to start with the sleeved dress and then possibly go for a shirt too. This is going to be a challenge as I've only attemped one piece of clothing with buttons so far, that went ok so onwards and upwards I suppose?! I'm going to use this navy print shirting cotton.



Lastly I opted for the Sewaholic Saltspring. This is clearly for next summer, this isn't a very winter friendly garment, but I've been lusting after it for a while and would love to have a go at the maxi version so jumped at the chance to add it to my pattern stash.

Thank you so much again to Jane the Village Haberdashery!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment