Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Funki Fabrics: Ballet Skirt...

This is the second piece I've made with the lovely fabric I received from Funki Fabrics and it's just a bit different to my intergalactic leggings!

Alongside that amazing star print I also chose 1 meter of Supplex in Black which is 88% Polyester and 12% Elastane. It's a really nice thick fabric with dense colour. I had planned on using this to make a Dixie Ballet Dress but couldn't quite squeeze it out of a meter so I went with just the skirt pieces and added a waist band from the Matilda leggings pattern. What I now have is a really great basic piece for winter, this is going to go with a lot, but how hard is it to photograph that black?....VERY....


I've tried to lighten these two pics so you can see the waistband and hem but it makes it look pretty rubbish. I gave up on pics after this but you get the idea. It's high waisted and lands just above my knee.


I really should have used my twin needle here, I think I'll actually make myself get around to re sewing this.

I still have one more piece of fabric from Funki left. I was going to try and use it with this fabric for a dress but as there wasn't enough black I thought I'd keep hold of it until I could make the right thing rather than rushing out something I'm not really going to wear.

It's this amazingly pink stretch lace...


This is going to stay in my stash and await that perfect moment.....birthday dress perhaps?....


No comments:

Post a Comment