Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Blogmas day 10: Fabric treats....

So I might have had a couple of online shopping 'incidents' at the weekend, lets call them Christmas presents for me. We've only just got internet back at home after about 3 weeks so the novelty of instant shopping is alive and well!

Firstly I started nosing on Regency Rags after Amy mentioned it on twitter. What a little bargain basement that place is! Theres loads to choose from and most are around the £2-£3 mark for a meter, I didn't go mad though as I'm still not too sure about fabric shopping on the internet,I just don't ever seem to get what I was expecting texture wise so find it best to have a good feel of that fabric in the shop before but at these prices I didn't mind giving it a go.

I went with these spots (surprise!)


This is a really soft viscose with a great drape, it'll be perfect for a dress and there seems to be so much of it I might be able to squeeze a little top out of it too.

And then these PARROTS....


yep, parrots. I must admit that I thought they were ice creams until I zoomed in but even as parrots I still went for it. This is another viscose but the texture is quite different (see what I mean about internet fabric shopping) it's also quite sheer, but it's still cute. I'm going to stash this away until next summer. I only got a meter but it;s really wide so I might try to eek out a dress or I might just stick with a nice cami top or a slinky Grainline Scout.

After browsing a few other sites and ooohing and aaahing over cute prints I spotted a familiar face in the crowd...it was only the fudging Hello Kitty Liberty print that I had been trying to bag from Liberty but that totally sold out in a like a day. Woohooo!...


I picked this up from Fondant Fabrics and they still have it in stock now. It's not my favourite colourway but I wasn't going to let this one slip away and I'm sure I can get on board with a bit of orange once the sunshine is out. I've got quite a few of the HK Liberty bits and bobs, this is the cherry on top. This will be turned into a beautiful dress for next summer, and I might even have to wear it whilst carrying the matching vanity case, using the umbrella and sleep mask.........or not of course.


2 comments:

  1. Ooo! What gorgeous fabrics. I love the polka dots. And off I go to click on the link...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and you can because it's practically guilt free!

      Delete