Monday, 15 December 2014

Blogmas Day 14: Tourist....



We took a little trip up to Liverpool this weekend to catch up with friends before Christmas. I've been going for the past 12 years or so but when you visit somewhere that's 'home' to you or your other half then you sort of forget to be a tourist and see all of the things that everyone else see's as being iconic to the area. So this trip we decided to have a stroll to some of the prettiest sights, Paddy's wigwam and the cathedral.

'Paddy's wigwam' is Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral. Its the shape which gives it it's wigwam nickname. Outside it has these amazing stained glass structures which cast these gorgeous colours on the ground.



 Later in the day we went along to Liverpool Cathedral and just managed to hear a bit of choir practice which sounds amazing in this HUGE building. This place is a bit jaw droppy, I just can't get over how big it is. We also went up the bell tower to have a look out over the city at sunset. Unfortunately it was a bit cloudy so we didn't get the full sun effect but it was amazing to see everything from up so high. Actually I realised it was a little bit too high for my liking. I didn't think I was too bad with heights, until I had to go back down the stairs in the bell tower and clung onto the railing like a mad woman. The structure is totally safe but it just makes me feel like I'm going to go flying over the edge...won't be going up there again in a hurry...


Oh and they had the most gorgeous wreath, suitably sized for the MASSIVE doors...




No comments:

Post a Comment