Monday, 9 March 2015

Galactic Bombshell.....


Stash busting, that's what I'm up to at the mo, and here's make 1 from the pile. I went for it with a Bombshell out of this amazing star print stretch from Funki Fabrics. Honestly, this stuff is so nice to sew with. I really thought it would be a nightmare but it glides through the machine, it's actually pretty sturdy for a stretch. 

So anyway, the Bombshell swimsuit really isn't a pattern I thought I would ever go near. I didn't really see the need for making swimwear. I either wear a bikini on hols or a real good Adidas swimsuit for lengths so I just didn't see when I'd get wear out of something like this. Anyways, seeing as I had this fabric left over and a friend lent me the pattern I thought what the hell and just went for it....


Turns out I bloody love it!

I sewed up version A but omitted the ruching detail in the back. That's the only bit I really didn't like, I don't think adding fabric to an area that you don't really want drawing attention too could be flattering so I just used the pattern pieces for the lining instead. I love the retro feel, just add huge floppy hat, sunnies and a cocktail please!


The ruching on the front is fine, I find that it needs a bit of 'arranging' for it to lay nicely but that's no biggy. I can't imagine swimming in this though, it's pretty heavy to start with so when it's water logged it might be a bit of a drowning hazard...it's ok though I'm a strong swimmer, but I may just do with paddling when wearing this one. 


The halter neck is really cute, I didn't bother adding any cups, didn't really see it as necessary.


I'm going away for a long weekend in the sun at the start of May so I'm going to give this an outing then...Oooh maybe it can be part of Me Made May?......Hold on a minute......it's nearing that time already??!!!!




2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!! i'm just about to embark on another, strangely less colorful, bombshell, i think i may go the same back route as you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marcy! I recommend the unruffled bum a lot, so much more flattering without rolls of excess fabric back there :)

      Delete