Monday, 2 March 2015

Spring time stash busting plans.....

The closer it gets to feeling like Spring is nearly here the more my thoughts of new patterns and fabrics run away with me and I find myself pinning everything and writing a million post it lists full of ideas to go on my to sew list. So this means my fabric shopping list is starting to expand too. Today I made myself stop (although not throw it away...) and actually made a plan to use up a fair amount of the fabric I already have before I start adding to my stash.

My fabric stash room (as in room for the stash to go rather than a whole room full of fabric *dream dream*) is pretty limited so I really need to try and use up a chunk of what I have before I get more. A lot of what I have is only suitable for linings and small projects but here's a few pieces that now have a plan...


This is piece of the amazing galactic print left over from my Funki Fabrics leggings. I didn't realise I had quite as a big a piece left over. It's a bit chopped up and all over the place but theres more than enough to have a go at this....



I didn't think I could be bothered to give swimwear a go but seeing as I have this fabric and someone let me print off a copy of their pattern what have a I got to loose? (actually I may have already made in roads on this one......)


This fabric was difficult to photograph but it's a navy-ish (slightly lighter than true navy) blue cotton from Goldhawk Road with a bit of stretch. It's really soft and a good weight. I was going to use this for a plain dress but feel like I'm up for a bit more of a challenge (see swimsuit above) and being inspired by GBSB I'm going for....


Those guys made making these up look pretty easy so I'm hoping they won't cause me too much bother ?! I'm going for the trousers and, having never made any trousers apart form slouchy PJs before, I'm hoping I don't have too many fitting issues. Any top tips?


Then it's these cute little parrots from Regency Rags. I only bought a meter with the intention of a top of some kind. I'm thinking one of either of these...


The only thing is that I'm not sure I'm going to actually wear it, hmm I don't know maybe it'll stay in the stash a bit longer until a light bulb moment comes to me. 

This is also staying in the stash for a little bit longer...


It's the Hello Kitty Liberty cotton I treated myself to. I need to make the right summer dress choice for this, which might involve a bit of toiling as I'm thinking of trying out a couple of the version B's of a couple of patterns I already have. I still like to get it out and coo over it every week or so though......oh and I'm also still working on the Colette Negroni and using this sew along to draft a new collar piece. Once I have a version that his highness is happy with (which may take some time) I'll be looking forward to getting a final version sewn up. 

Well that little lot should keep me busy for a while, do you have any stash busting plans at the mo?



6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zoe!
    Great sewing plans! I've been tempted to make a Bombshell swimsuit too as they look great.
    The Hello Kitty fabric is great - where did you get it? :-)
    (please excuse the deleted comment above - large fingers on small smartphone keyboard)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, I've finished the bombshell and I'd say go for it! It's a surprisingly good pattern to sew up-I really enjoyed it. The HK fabric was from Fondant Fabrics and they still have some! http://www.fondantfabrics.co.uk/online-fabric-shop/prod_3623819-Hello-Kitty-Liberty-Print-Cotton-Poplin.html

      Delete
  3. Oooh, great plans! I can't wait to see them sewn up. I'm trying to be realistic about how much time I actually have this year, so I'm aiming for one finished project per month - so far it's going well, as long as you count 1st March as February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good plan, I find it so easy to get overwhelmed by all the sewing plans in your head when in reality you go to work, you have a social life etc etc and sewing needs to fit around all that so one good make a month seems reasonable rather than one a week which my to do list would have me get on with!

      Delete