Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Dixie Ballet Dress.....in stripes.....again.....

As favourite patterns go, this one's up there in my top 3 and I think this is version 8 or something. The others are here, here, here and here and I made a few others that I didn't blog about. I probably don't really need to blog about this one, but I haven't mentioned this pattern this year yet so here it is, one of my first makes for the coming summer sunshine....

Aaaand it's stripey.....a bit boring but oh so lovely, in fact isn't it the opposite of my first Dixie ballet dress? That dress is just about holding on in there for a few more wears, it's a bit more of a 'popping down the beach' dress now but while it still holds together I shall still wear it!


I shortened the sleeves a little and used a twin needle to finish the hems and neck binding.

I didn't try to match the side stripes but it wasn't too far off anyways.
If you haven't come across this pattern it's the Ballet dress by the ever so talented Dixie of Dixie DIY. It's a really great pattern to get you started on sewing with knits as it's so simple and easy to put together. I haven't made a duff yet! I love wearing this type of dress, it so comfy and easy to pull on, I usually just switch up the skirt and sleeve length for summer/winter. 

This jersey was a great find on a trip to Ditto in Brighton, it's got a really nice weight to it and it's that lovely knitted in stripe rather than printed ink that always splits when it stretches. It sewed up really well too, I'm always a bit dubious about sewing stretch as it seems to have a habit of getting chewed up in my machine or the curling edges end up getting on my nerves. I've got enough of this left to squeeze a top out too.


That's one wardrobe staple ready for summer, have you started your summer makes?




1 comment:

  1. Great dress! I admit I like stripes, and the color is also my favorite. I would wear it :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete