Wednesday, 29 April 2015

#MMMay15......

It's here again, a self stitchers favourite month, well mine anyway.
Just a day to go until Me Made May starts, never heard of it? well pop on over to Zoe's blog to find out all of the details and possibly get involved?!

I've participated in me made May for the past two years and last year I tried to improve on my first pledge and just about succeeded. Here's my previous two pledges...

2013
'I, Zoë of hellozoeb.blogspot.co.uk, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I endeavour to wear at least 1 handmade item 3 days a week for the duration of May 2013 and make 1 new piece a week.....oh and blog about it at the end of each week too!'


2014'I, Zoë of hellozoeb.blogspot.co.uk, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '14. I endeavour to wear at least 1 item of handmade clothing each day for the duration of May 2014.....and blog about it too :)'



I've been having a good think about how to up the ante this year without turning this treat into a trial. I love reading everyone else's pledges, Zoe's is great. I could do with putting something like that in, I very rarely reach for my handmade skirts...not quite sure why? I think I could manage no repeats this year but then that sometimes limits you to what you actually want to wear. I can't say I'll only wear handmade as I don't make my undies or jeans....and I don't want to start...somethings are best left to the professionals in my mind. Hmmm I'm going to go and have a cup of tea and sort this out..........

Ok that was a week long cup of tea and a think and here it is...

2015

'I, Zoë of hellozoeb.blogspot.co.uk, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '15. I endeavour to wear at least 1 item of clothing made by me each day, with no outfit repetition, for the duration of May 2015 .....and blog about it too'

See what a week of thinking does, it gives you time to sneak in a word that means you really can repeat your clothes just as long as something else is slightly different...genius. 


2 comments:

  1. Ah good idea! I think "no outfit repeats" is a great pledge to stimulate creative outfit-building. I'm definitely guilty of lazy outfit-putting-together. I love Me Made May for making me a bit more aware of the complete outfit rather than just what to wear. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m looking forward to seeing the outfits! I think the ‘no outfit repeats’ is going to be challenging. Personally I wear the same outfit for 2 days in a row most of the time. But I didn’t think about that when I took my pledge to wear a handmade item for 5 days each week.

    ReplyDelete