Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Birdie Negroni....

I feel like I know what I'm doing with men's shirts now, I'm on a roll, that's it, all birthdays and any other present giving events, if you're I guy I like enough to gift you then this is what you'll be getting!


This is another Colette Negroni for my Dad, a birthday shirt using lovely seagull print cotton from Ditto.



The pocket and inner yolk are made from some left over scraps of Robert Kauffman railroad denim, it's also on the underside of the collar which works well for a bit of stability. 



There's not much to say about the construction, I didn't change anything since the last time I made one, other than this took much less time and most of it was done without needing to consult the instructions, apart form that burrito method for the inner yolk, that still gets me head scratching a little bit.

I love this fabric, look at the cute seagulls! 


I think I'm improving on the details, I'm pretty pleased with the top stitching and button holes


I sort of wish I picked up more of this fabric for a summer dress, maybe I should swing by just to check if theres any left....





2 comments:

  1. Oh, I really love this fabric. I can't seem to track it down anywhere.

    ReplyDelete