Wednesday, 5 August 2015

Bad habit......

Did you all read this article floating around the internets last week? 

TERRIFYING eh?!

I'm constantly holding pins in my mouth, it's just so easy, it's only for a second, it's autopilot.

Obviously I have always known this isn't a great idea but after reading that article it's reminded me that I should make more of an effort to stop this stupid habit, even if just so I never have to find out what a cotton wool sandwich tastes like! 

I have a few pin cushions already so I just need to make more use of them. 




This little guy is my favourite, he sits on your finger, put your pins here Zoë, not in your mouth!!


I think I could probably do with one of those cushions that goes around your wrist too, in fact maybe that should be my next make?...


Are you guilty of this bad habit too?




10 comments:

  1. I've read that article before, and it's pretty scary!! I have a wrist pincushion that I got on Etsy, and couldn't do without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just made myself a little wrist cushion but still manage to put them near my lips every now and then, getting better every day though...

      Delete
  2. I hadn't read this article before but now I feel happy that I did. Even though I usually don't hold needles in my mouth, it's a good wake-up call to not do it ever. When I was studying tailoring, we got told off and yelled at so many times when someone put a needle in their mouth that it stuck and I very rarely put a needle in my mouth now. But it's good to hear a real life story why you shouldn't do it and what could happen if you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a good wake up to stopping hey?

      Delete
  3. Guilty as charged! Thanks for bringing this to my attention though. After years of sewing I've just made my first pin cushion but seeing these cute ones make me want more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I'm concerned you can now never have too many!

      Delete
  4. I always do this - but I'm going to make an effort not to in future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still having to tell myself off every now and again but getting better!

      Delete
  5. I read that article and almost died- I ALWAYS put pins in my mouth.. never again! holy crap - good thing I have lots of pin cushions - thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shocker isn't it?! NEVER again!!

      Delete