Friday, 16 October 2015

Everyday denim 6262.....

It's taken a while to get around to photographing this one, basically I haven't stopped wearing it so it's either on me and creased by the time I remember to snap some pics or it's been in the wash. So last weekend I managed to remember to snap some pics before I got going for the day so here's another autumn make, my already much loved denim t shirt dress.

(I cropped my face out of all of these for your benefit, it was a 'its way too early' face...bleurgh)

The denim is the lovely  8oz washed denim I picked up from the Fabric Godmother open day back in August.  I used a new to me pattern, NL6262, for the bodice. I did actually toile this and adjusted the bust darts to be higher which worked great on the toile but now they're on the real thing they are actually a bit too high, not sure what went wrong there? But they don't look too bad so meh. I'll make them lower again if I make another. I do like the bodice, the neckline could do with coming in a bit on the shoulders but the sizing worked well for this fabric, I didn't want it to be too fitted as I think teamed with the thick denim it would have felt a bit constricted.


I used an old favourite for the skirt, the lovely Belladone. I love the shape and the little side pockets. I haven't got around to using this just for a skirt yet but it's on the list!


I lined the bodice with some gingham cotton from my stash and used a concealed zip. I toyed with the idea of an exposed metal zip and then realised I didn't have one in the right length and got impatient so concealed it is!


So this is already a winner. I picked up some dark denim on a recent trip to Goldhawk road. I thought it was black and it was intended for a new pair of ultimate trousers but on closer inspection it is just very dark indigo so I think I'll use it for a dress. Now seeing as I'm wearing this so much do I just make this up again or do I pick  a different pattern?.... I like the idea of a sort dress I can wear over tshirts, a bit like my old denim Hazel...


Hmm decisions, decisions I might have to do a bit of Pinterest research!

1 comment: