Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Paw prints.....


I started this little project back at the start of December, yes it has taken me this long to actually get it finished. I obviously don't claim to be a fast knitter, I'm actually not even a good knitter, I've made the odd scarf here and there but I won't be venturing into the world of hats or cardigans or anything that ventures further than k1, p1. 


This project popped onto my to do list after following up on a cute little tweet from Battersea Dogs and Cats home. They actually run a knitting club (#knittedkittens) which involves knitting whilst in the company of many kitties!! Unfortunately they are obviously all based in London and that makes it a bit difficult to pop to but if you can't make it you can also download their doggie blanket knitting pattern and make your own at home. Theres even a pattern for knitted mice for the kitties! 
I should probably say here that I haven't been asked to plug this at all, but why wouldn't you follow all of those cute dog and cat faces and why oh why wouldn't you take up the opportunity to provide a cute little blanket for a cute little doggie?!


I have a big old bag of wool and I have all of my Nan's old knitting needles to I thought I'd give this a go. The pattern is really simple and gives you the choice to do a a few different patches which include little paw print patterns! CUTE. I did a few of these, not sure they turned out that great but if you squint you can totally see that paw print!.....


I planned on just doing one or two squares per day, just something to do whilst watching the TV for half hour r so in the evening but then Christmas happened and I sort of got a bit behind, but any way 'tis finally finished and I think it's not too bad! Hopefully some little doggie will enjoy snuggling down for the night on it.


So if you have some spare wool and can just about knit a few rows together you should totally give this a go! 
I might have to make another just to keep this one quiet....

Why is that not for meeee??




No comments:

Post a Comment