Friday, 1 April 2016

Maids.....

Easter weekend was full of pattern cutting and sewing, it was great, but none of it for me. I'm slap bang in the middle of making three bridesmaid dresses for my cousins wedding and I'm loving it!

I mean, I would obviously love to be sewing up dresses for me, as per, but I'm actually loving the challenge of producing some pretty dresses for 3 lovely ladies to wear on the 1st June. 
(Oh Em Gee that's sooon!!!)


So yes, three lovely ladies, all different shapes and sizes, all wanting something slightly different whilst still going along with the image the bride has in mind. I must admit at first I was a bit nervous but once we actually got down to business I realised it wasn't going to be too hard. 
First things first I met face to face with them all after they had had a massive try on session in some department stores. They established what styles they likes and suited and had a better idea of what they were after. Measurements taken I got to work on selecting patterns to use for each and made up some very attractive bed sheet toiles....

Lovely yellow check duvet dress anyone? 

I put in to practice the fitting skills I learned from an online Craftsy course (bought in the sale but I'd say totally worth every penny if you bought this full price) and am now getting to the stage where we have one pretty much complete and two just nearing the end of their toile life and getting ready to cut into the good stuff. I'm feeling on top of it all and still within good time and most importantly still enjoying it. Thsi all sounds very promising, I must remember to reread this post when I'm reaching peak stress in a couple of weeks!


So I suppose this is the reason for me not having many new things to blog about recently. I'm hoping to have these all finished in a few weeks and then hopefully I'll still have time to make my wedding guest dress, to be honest I'll MAKE time for that one after buying the most perfect fabric on Goldhawk Road last month. 

On another note, did you see it's time to get your pledges together for Me Made May?! Where the hell is time going?!





No comments:

Post a Comment