This make was a bit of an experiment really. I had a length of blue interlock jersey in my stash, just something I picked up from a stash at work, and wanted to have a go at creating a Deer and Doe Plantain dress.
I've seen a couple floating around blogland and they look really comfy. It's not my usual style, I don't really go for much that doesn't have an obvious waistline but there's nothing wrong with a little bit of loose fitting comfiness every now and then.
I followed the usual pattern for the top and then just extended the length. The front piece is a bit narrower then the back as I didn't have quite enough fabric. I didn't notice that a huge chunk had been cut out of the length which meant I couldn't fit the pattern piece fully onto the fabric but it's enough for an experiment.
I'm not sure what I think of this really. On one hand I quite like it, it's not a huge disaster and doesn't look too much like a nighty, but on the other I think it might be a bit too mumsy for me, a bit 'meh'.
Wearable toile is where I think I'll leave this and I don't think I'll make another. I really need that waistline. I like the fit of the top. The neckline of the Plantian is lovely, a really flattering scoop.
A good project for stash busting a piece of fabric that didn't really have any other plans for, I'll be sure to wear this, probably just around the house or down to the beach but it'll get use so it's not a total disaster.