Wednesday, 20 July 2016

Prepped Patterns.....

I've recently had a good stash clear out (again) 
I like to do this every so often to take stock of what I have any get on top of my sewing to do list. I'm really working on using up what I have and I've got quite a few things on the to do list that I'd like to get through soon. 

Personally, I find that the most time consuming (and dullest) part of sewing is getting all of the pattern pieces out and cutting and marking the actual fabric. Once you're good to go most TNT patterns can be whizzed through-and that's the fun part right?

So I got organised and got together a few of the patterns form my to do list, paired them up with the fabrics in mind and spent an afternoon cutting those bad boys out....


Mid clear out I came across these zip lock bags which are perfect for holding each project neatly. They're easy to grab whenever I have some spare time for sewing.



I'm going to try really hard to keep this good habit up. I got out the ready cut pieces for a t shirt last weekend and I think I was done in an hour, it was so pleasing to get straight on with the sewing part!

It also feels nice to know that the fabric in your stash is really destined to be that dress/top/pants you intended it for. I'm sure I'll still have a good few stash pieces waiting for that perfect project but it's pleasing to know you do intend to use most of it in the near future!



2 comments:

  1. I may have to copy this idea! My to do list feels a bit short at the minute but it's so warm in my little flat I can't face doing anything at the minute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get them prepped now and ready for a cooler more sewing friendly autumn! :)

    ReplyDelete