Monday, 10 October 2016

Maternity Make #4....Colette Wren...


Another Wren! As soon as I made my first version I knew this would turn up again soon. 
I bought this perfect black stretch from girl charlee. It's cotton spandex and such a good weight, I hope it washes well as this is going to be worn a lot.

I didn't change anything about the overall fit of this dress, the only change was to raise the waist line by 2 inches to make room for the ever growing baby bump. It's funny looking back on my first version now, I thought I was pretty big then but it looks like nothing now!


I didn't make changes to the paper pattern piece, just literally attached the skirt higher. I didn't adjust the skirt length as this will be worn with leggings or tights now the chilly weather is here.
I stuck to zig zag stitch throughout and left the skirt hem raw.


I'm hoping this neckline will work well for nursing, theres quite a lot of give in the fabric. I love a jersey dress for the ease and comfort but this style also looks pretty smart, well smarter than actually wearing pyjamas and this feels just as nice!


I'm thinking I should try and squeeze just one more of these onto my to sew list while I have the time. Does that list ever end?!




No comments:

Post a Comment