Thursday, 10 November 2016

Maternity Makes #7.....Cara V.2....

One more, room for just one more?! I think this is the last actually. I don't think it's worth spending any more time making more maternity bits for the last few weeks, I'm already starting to itch to make new items for next year but think it might actually be time to put the rotary cutter down and the sewing machine away for a while, in just over 2 weeks things are about to get busy in a very different way.....eeek!


But anyway, back to the make! This is another Cara top, one that's a bit more weather appropriate at the mo.
I used up the remainder of this spotty cotton spandex from Girl Charlee, that I had left over from my Colette Wren.
 

I've already worn this loads. It's super soft and snuggly. The only thing I don't like about it is the hem. I left it raw so it rolls a bit but also the front seems a bit too long so I end up folding it under a bit. It's no biggy. I think if I ever made one of these again (as a gift!!) then I'd look at adding a hem band; the one from the Cordelia camisole would be perfect.
  

The rest of the fitting feels good and I love the sleeve length. I think I need to remember that for any future makes with long sleeves, I definitely prefer my wrists to be out so 3/4 or sleeves that end at the elbow feel so much better.


I'm going to try and do a maternity sewing round up post. Something I would have found really useful when I started to think about maternity makes so hopefully it'll be useful to new sewing mums to be out there.



4 comments:

  1. Lovely! I've enjoyed seeing your maternity makes...I'm 28 weeks with my second and this time round I've made a couple of dresses and tops whereas last time I wore shop bought/second hand stuff and it's so much nicer now. Good luck with the birth and beyond! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sabs! Best of luck to you too xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely spots, lovely bump - Good luck with everything that comes next!

    ReplyDelete