Thursday, 16 March 2017

About time....

Time......I really never knew I had so much of it.
All to myself, to do whatever I wanted and exactly when I wanted to do it. It's a cliche but since having little Ted time literally flies by and pretty much none of it is for me. It's all owned by this little guy now, and thats so, so fine but out of everything I used to do in my oddles of free time I'm really starting to miss my sewing time now.


I last had the sewing machine out in November, thats nearly a full 4 months ago! HOW IS IT THAT LONG?? See time REALLY does fly!

To be honest, I'm not really sure what I would make at the moment. I don't really have anything on the to make list....well of course I do, that list is never empty, but nothing thats really needed or necessary right now. But I'm itching to get involved in a new project.

On a rainy day I probably have about 3 half hour stints where I could fit something in, well prioritise something over giving the bathroom a quick whip round or folding the never ending laundry and thanks to Ted being amazing at bedtime we also have our evenings back so I do have a bit of time I could use there too.

Having a think about what I'd like to start my sewing mojo back up with it just has to be a dress and we have a wedding to go to this July so after a bit of Pinterest oogling I've decided to start that dress now. I know it's ridiculously early but I'm thinking that with the limited time I have this is going to be the slowest project ever so I might as well start now.

I think I might actually enjoy how slow this project will be and I'm going to try and make something a bit more special than usual seeing as I have a good few months to get it finished! 

I'm back off to Pinterest to try and narrow down my ideas then. In the meantime...any top tips for sewing in short bursts or anyone else out there fitting sewing around spending 99% of your time with a little baby? How do you do it?! 



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on baby Ted!
    I managed to do bits of sewing when our little girl was little when she was napping and she would be happy next to me in her bouncer and could watch! It's a little bit harder now she is crawling and climbing everywhere (she's just over a year) but I motivate myself to do it in the evening after bath or during naps. It just takes so much longer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally sympathise - and I've found it's even harder now I have two!! Really looking forward my littlest getting a bit older and having proper naps so that I can get back to seeing. Good luck with your dress, have you decided on the pattern and fabric etc?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Zoe! You can do it!!! I would break it down into tiny tasks and see it as success if you can get one done. eg cutting out doesn't even have to be all in one go. Or if you have half an hour literally sewing a few seams is still progress! It must be so hard (I will find out soon for myself hehe!) to fit it in but great that you have an enjoyable slow sewing project in mind. Also Ted is such a cutie in that picture xxx

    ReplyDelete